Because people out there actually seem to like me (or at least digital me). God help us all if you ever meet me in real life, I’m sure you will take it all back. But for now, I’m just going to enjoy the commendations as they come, alone, in my evil lair, sipping on the blood of the innocent (i.e. wine).
So two amazing people, Ginger and Cindy, have nominated me for the Sunshine Award! Which I actually think is quite appropriate, because while I might be a little bit dead inside, I’m also a very cheerful sort of person! What can I say, I’m a mixture.
- Favorite color: Blue.
- Favorite animal: Hmmm, this one is hard. Obviously I adore cats, but I grew up with dogs. I’m going to have to say monkeys. I love me some monkeys. They are amazing.
- Favorite number: 42. It’s the answer to life, the universe and everything, of course.
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee. And for the record, as much as I might enjoy alcoholic drinks, I never make my coffee Irish. I think it’s a little weird, honestly. Don’t hate me.
- Facebook or Twitter: Facebook. Twitter baffles me.
- My passion: Writing, of course, cooking, sewing (as if you couldn’t guess) and my wonderful family. Oh, and theater.
- Getting or giving presents: Giving! I hate surprises. But I LOVE surprising other people!
- Favorite day of the week: Friday. Shalom, Y’all!
- Favorite flower: Gerber Daisies. So bright!
- Favorite celebrity role model: Hmmm.Well I really love Jon Hamm, who in real life is nothing like Don Draper. Did anyone else marvel at his Jamaican accent on that one episode of 30 Rock? He’s amazing. But in terms of ladies, I have to say, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, the funny ladies who have their own shows and show the world that women can be funny and beautiful and keep their last names. All things to which I aspire.
Oh, man, now I gotta give this thing AWAY to OTHER people? Sigh. I’m going to go ahead and pass this over to Leah (wonderful name) at A Vintage Thread, Lavender at ThreadSquare, Sue at Sewin’ Steady, Lauren at LLadybird, Cynthia at Dapperduds, and Kerry at Kestral Finds and Makes.
I don’t have any good cat photos of any cats I know personally to sign this off, so here, have some Maru.
PS: Cindy also awarded me the best blog award ever but I need to gather some evidence for that so more to come.