Wow. After 31 days of me made madness we have finally come to the end of the line! Goodness.
Really quickly, before the pontificating, let’s check in with the outfits:
My nautical bias skirt with a blouse I never bothered to document here, it’s a sorbetto with no pleat, just pintucks. I had some fabric leftover from my Flirting with the Forties blouse (which I made, goodness, how long ago?) so I used that. I love this blouse, I just never got around to photographing and making an homage to it.
My pro-petter pan blouse with a store-bought skirt. This is actually one of my favorite skirts and the waistband NEVER GETS MESSED UP. How does that work? Damn you, H and M!
My final outfit! My Wildcard pants with another sorbetto, also never really documented here. But check out what I managed to do:
Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of yourself in the mirror with a large camera and do a thumbs up ? But I did it. FOR ME MADE MAY!
The scarf is both new and vintage, and extra special. Why?:
Awesome. Got it on le etsy. Thanks, etsy!
It seems like only yesterday I was vowing to only wear stuff I made and look how the time has flown! I have to say, it’s been a challenge in a different way than last year. Last June when I did this challenge for the first time I had far less that I had made, and this year I had lots of options. and the challenge became about how to combine them in new ways. And I must say, I don’t think I repeated any one combination, which is nice! I also made some new stuff, including a baby quilt using old scraps for a co-worker, and I must say, I felt really special wearing all my me made stuff all month.
It also reminded me of a few things.
1. There are things I made that I don’t like or wear. And hey, that’s okay! Some of them I made when I was less experienced, some of them I thought would work but don’t, and some of them I don’t know what the hell I was doing when I made that crap, but for whatever reason, those items don’t work for me. I will be getting rid of them to make room for new things.
2. I wear separates a lot more than I wear dresses.
3. With that in mind, I need a good serviceable bikeable black skirt. Anyone have any pattern ideas or preferences? Many was the time this month that I saw that as a gap in my closet.
4. There are a lot of things I made that I really like! Including the new items in my Spring/Summer Palette challenge! So that’s nice.
5. I love this challenge. I love celebrating what I’ve made and seeing how other people style what they’ve created. I find it inspirational and excellent. So thank you, everyone who participated, I really loved all the posts I read, and a HUGE thanks to Zoe for organizing this yearly shin-dig! Thank you, Zoe! I salute you!